Title: Business Support Administrator
Reports to: Opex Director
Location: Market Harborough
At Opex, you will get the opportunity to work for a boutique Management Consultancy business focused on providing market-leading Facilities Management Consultancy support to blue-chip clients such as Universities, Asda, Meridiam, Multiplex, Bovis Lend Lease, BAM, Engie, HCP, Pario, and Equitix, as well as Public sector bodies such as HMRC, NHS, Councils and Government departments.
The Opex team is the company – there is no corporate politics, and we work hard to deliver excellence to our clients, and you can be part of that excellence. Opex is a growing consultancy which offers the chance to get involved early in the growth cycle.
We are looking for a Business Support Administrator to join our team on a permanent part-time basis – anticipated to be 25 hours per week/5 days. The successful candidate will provide and manage key administrative support to the business also supporting the Directors and where directed, sub- contracted consultants, with administrative and PA services described below. The role is also to extend to providing finance, marketing and contract consultancy support as required.
You will have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, be self-motivated, professional, and enthusiastic with energy to help drive the business forward as part of a small but expanding team. A keen eye for detail and a natural organiser of information and people. As many of our team are not based in the Market Harborough office, you will mainly be working on your own and will need to demonstrate excellent time management and a strong work ethic.
The Key Elements of requirement are as follows:
- To administer the company’s Accounts/management spreadsheets where required using the company’s finance packages WorkflowMax and Xero.
- To prepare – including clarifying required fees with Directors – submit and progress all outstanding invoices.
- To organise, update and renew various company Insurances including Professional Indemnity.
- To manage the renewal of various company registrations e.g. IWFM, BCIS.
- To organise and renew company software licenses e.g. MS Office etc
- To take notes at Director meetings, project conference calls, distribute and progress actionsas required.
- Manage internal databases, including data entry where required.
- Ensure all project and programme information is recorded and kept fully up-to-date on the in-house database and that relevant people are fully briefed on specific, relevant information in a timely fashion.
- Manage diaries and organise travel and accommodation when required.
- Arrange calls, conference calls and meetings for the Sales Team.
- To administer and keep up to date the sub-consultancy database, including where appropriate through research identifying possible new sub-consultants.
- Update the company tender list within Opex Vault and administer, research, and update the company’s commercial database Opex Vault.
- To provide consultancy support work for clients where skill sets allow.
Marketing and Bids/Tenders
- To help prepare project proposals, bids, and tenders for future business opportunities, using agreed standard templates.
- To help prepare, develop, and administer the company’s marketing plan/activities as appropriate.
- To support through liaison with website designer – the development and updates as required of the company’s website including business activity through the site – to include:
- adding projects
- regularly updating news feeds
- looking for possible links to other relevant industry sites
- updating Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media outlets.
- To prepare and manage the company’s marketing database of project profiles, pictures, and case studies, including updating project lists by sector – to include administration and housekeeping of the company’s cloud systems e.g. OneDrive, Smartsheet and similar systems as required.
- To manage and update the opportunities and contacts lists.
- Setting up presentations using company templates as required.
- Obtaining permissions and photographs for company project sheets and website, socialmedia etc.
Working hours and practice.
The contract is part time – 25 hours per week (additional hours as agreed on an ad-hoc basis) and will include flexible working based around core hours of 9am – 5pm. The role will be based at our offices in Market Harborough with a typical working day either 9am – 2pm or 10am – 3pm or similar. The person will have to hold a full current driving license – occasional travel will be necessary.
Experience, skills and IT packages
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Business Support/Administrative role in a fast paced, client driven, commercial environment.
- Skills and experience across:
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Data inputting
- Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy, good written/verbal skills
- Flexible attitude
- Team player – ability to integrate in a team.
- Methodical – attention to detail and highly organised
- Problem solver
- Proactive – work under own initiative
- Excellent organisational ability and time management
If you’d like to apply for the Business Support Administrator position please contact: Adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org