It is good practice for clients to regularly benchmark and check that their FM services are providing their business with good value for money and there is a natural cycle of 5 years that should be used to measure both soft FM and hard FM services, in some cases this is set out in the contract It is widely recognised that the market experience, knowledge and data sources of an FM specialist is essential when undertaking this exercise.
The key to a robust and accurate Benchmarking is the identification of good comparator sites which requires firstly a significant database of FM cost data from a large number of similar sites and settings. Then it requires detailed and methodical assessment of influencing factors that differentiate the client site from the benchmark sites.
Opex Consulting has an extensive FM cost database called Vault which consists of hundreds of sites and thousands of data points, taken from both actual operational costs and industry cost metrics. Opex have undertaken in excess of 75 benchmarking exercises for clients across soft and hard FM, ranging from single service to multi service benchmark reviews. In many cases, because of our detailed approach our clients have been able to negotiate new deals or satisfy themselves of the VFM of services being delivered
Our specific project experience, working for both the private and public sectors, covering all the main service lines includes:
- Accommodation facilities e.g. HM Treasury Buildings, Commercial offices;
- Education facilities e.g. academies, universities, colleges and schools;
- Retail facilities e.g. shopping centres;
- Healthcare facilities e.g. NHS/private hospitals, LIFT schemes; and
- Specialist facilities e.g. pharmaceutical, emergency services, infrastructure.
- Supported Councils, SPV’s and Operators who are going through this specialised process on their PFI deals.
For all our clients, we feel we have been able to add real value to the process and most importantly to their business
If you wish to informally discuss any requirements you may have, please contact us through our web site.