It is good practise for clients to regularly benchmark and check that their FM services are providing their business with good value for money and there is a natural cycle of 5 years that should be used to measure both soft FM and hard FM services. It is widely recognised that the market experience knowledge and data sources of an FM specialist is essential when undertaking this exercise. Opex Consulting has an extensive FM cost database of both actual operational costs and industry cost metrics for undertaking this periodic review.
Often the benchmarking process can move to market testing and Opex have very significant experience in outsourcing a wide variety of FM services including our recent prestigious commissions at HM Treasury and Revenue & Customs, Eisai Pharmaceutical and Nestle/Innovate Logistics.
Market testing and Outsourcing procurement would typically include; soft market testing, prequalification, tender documentation development, including contract terms and KPIs, tender action, analysis and reporting and implementation up to (and sometimes beyond) the new contracts go live date.
Experience and Markets
Our specific project experience, working for both the private and public sectors, covering all the main service lines includes:
- Accommodation facilities e.g. HM Treasury Buildings, Commercial offices;
- Education facilities e.g. academies, universities, colleges and schools;
- Retail facilities e.g. shopping centres;
- Healthcare facilities e.g. NHS/private hospitals, LIFT schemes; and
- Specialist facilities e.g. pharmaceutical, emergency services, infrastructure.
- Supported Councils, SPV’s and Operators who are going through this specialised process on their PFI deals.
For all our clients, we feel we have been able to add real value to the process and most importantly to their business
If you wish to informally discuss any requirements you may have, please contact us through our web site.